On the agenda - development of the lake Ferto
Not such well-known as the Balaton, Hungary’s natural wonder, Lake Ferto, the third largest lake in Central Europe, most of which is located in Austria and the smaller belongs to Hungary.
The landscape around Ferto and the lake itself are part of world heritage. On the Hungarian coast is the national park Fertő-Hanság, on the Austrian Neusiedlersee-Seewinkel National Park.
In summer, the water temperature in the lake often reaches 30 degrees; this is the second place in Central Europe after Lake Balaton. According to the planned integrated project, about 100 million euros will be invested in the development of Lake Ferto and its surroundings, which will allow to create in the future a new beach area with water attractions, a hotel, a parking lot, a camping, a restaurant and a harbor.
Preparatory measures have already begun for clearing the territory and cleaning the cane. More complex construction work may begin in May 2019.
- Yacht club and marina for sailing yachts;
- expansion of the harbor for fishing boats to 500 seats;
- increase and modernization of the beach;
- construction of a camp and two hotels with 400 beds;
- construction of sports fields;
- construction of large and several small restaurants;
- information and logistic center for visitors of tourist attractions of the region;
- parking equipment for 1000 cars.
While maintaining the pace of implementation of the plan, the services of new hotels will be possible to use in 2021 year.
Back to news